Who are we?
Conduct groundbreaking research that addresses a broad range of pressing world problems and educate future engineers to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
Culture and Values
Inspired, diverse, optimistic, creative risk-takers, socially intelligent, committed to making a difference in the world.
The Stanford Engineering brand is academically focused with a bright and airy feel. This is inspired by the open and sunlit atmosphere of the Stanford campus and some of its most distinctive attributes; e.g. palm trees and blue sky.
Academic leadership, especially in:
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Technological advancement
- Diversity of ideas
- Solving the world’s major challenges
- Meaningful online learning, both in practice and in research
Forward- looking innovation, beyond tech to include:
• Innovation in social, cultural, educational, legal fields.
• Committed to encouraging multidisciplinary teaching and research so as to better understand and nurture the relationship between ethics, society and technology
Diversity, inclusion and community
Stanford Engineering is stronger when its people are richly diverse in backgrounds and interests.
Key concepts to bear in mind when producing/creating designed work is that we are:
- smart but not braggy
- intelligent but not stuffy
- open and transparent
- human and inclusive
- fun but not cute